SCAC Shipping has over a century of experience in ship brokerage.
Africa Global Logistics offers conventional stevedoring services in Africa for all types of cargo: bagged, bulk, RoRo, heavy lift, containers and more.
The constant pressure to improve port productivity in this international market drives our investment in state-of-the art equipment and regular staff training on compliance with the safety standards and best practices required by these types of cargo in line with strict environmental standards.
Optimum operations planning and continuous improvement of our facilities and workflows allow us to constantly expand our offer of conventional stevedoring services.
Our conventional stevedoring network
Port of Nouakchott, Mauritania
Port of Dakar, Senegal
Port of Conakry, Guinea
Port of Freetown, Sierra Leone
Port of Monrovia, Liberia
Port of San Pedro, Ivory Coast
Port of Abidjan, Ivory Coast
Port of Douala, Cameroon
Port of Libreville, Gabon
Port of Port-Gentil, Gabon
Port of Pointe-Noire, Brazzaville, Congo
Port of Moroni, Comoros
Africa Global Logistics has the expertise and equipment to maintain, repair and refurbish vessels at our specialist shipyards. We also offer specialist services for oil tankers, LNG carriers and fishing vessels.
We operate two shipyards; one through West Africa’s leading ship repairer, CARENA, based at the Port of Abidjan in Ivory Coast, and the other through DPS, based at Port-Gentil in Gabon.
These shipyards offer specialist services such as maintenance, overhaul of rescue equipment, fairing-painting, electrics, piping, industrial cleaning, on-board mechanics and electromechanics, boilermaking, carpentry, etc. for oil tankers, LNG carriers and fishing vessels, as well as ship supplies.
Ivory Coast – CARENA
Established in 1953, CARENA is the leading shipyard in West Africa. It offers a hoisting capability for vessels up to 172 m.
- Handling and lifting: 6 tower cranes (12 to 16 tonnes), 2 floating cranes (10 and 20 tonnes), 11 service decks, 4 aerial work platforms (250 kg), 8 forklift trucks (5 to 11 tonnes)
- Hoisting: 1 floating dock with a 10,800 tonne capacity, 1 floating dock with a 10,000 tonne capacity, 1 floating dock with a 2,000 tonne capacity, 1 x 300 tonne slipway, 1 x 80 tonne slipway
- Dock: 5 m draught, 400 m available quay length
Gabon – DPS
Established in 2005 and based at Port-Gentil in Gabon, DPS specialises in shipbuilding and repair for oil and gas companies. It has four production units.
- Hoisting: 1 floating dock with a 900 tonne capacity and 3 m draught
- Dockside repairs: 600 m long quay, 5.5 m draught